- Savvy President spoke on 'Revenue Cycle' at the Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society annual meeting in Chicago September 10th, 2017.
Savvy Medicine is scheduled to speak at the 2017 American College of Surgeons Leadership Summit. May 7th in Washington D.C.
Savvy Medicine President was Visiting Professor, University of Missouri Columbia. February 14-15th, 2017. “Why preparing physicians for leadership in academic surgery is a challenge?”
Savvy Medicine spoke about “Top ten business tips for practicing academic and private practice vascular surgeons.” Presented at Essential tools for young academic and private practice surgeon at the Society for Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting 2016. Washington DC.
Savvy Medicine President spoke on "Why preparing physicians for leadership positions in medicine is a challenge." Visiting Professor, General Internal Medicine, Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, Ohio. April 13th 2016.
Savvy Medicine talked about “Diversity & Inclusion: A Leadership Imperative.” Presented at the Medical Leadership Program, Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio. August 24th 2015.
Savvy Medicine President speaks on "Compensation for Vascular Surgeons in Transition." Breakfast Session: Critical Conversations about Compensation and Fiscal Challenges, Presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery, Chicago Ill June 18-20, 2015.
Savvy Medicine speaks about: Invited speaker at Becker’s Hospital Review 6th Annual Meeting. “Changing Your Executive Leadership Capabilities to Meet New Challenges Facing Hospitals” May 7-9, 2015; Swissôtel - Chicago, Illinois.
Savvy Medicine speaks: "Hospital Employment Or Private Practice? Will There Be Winners And losers?" Invited Guest Speaker Florida Vascular Society Annual Meeting. Naples, FLA. April 30- May 3rd, 2015.
Savvy Medicine speaks: "How Do We Train Leaders In Vascular Surgery?" Invited Guest Speaker Florida Vascular Society Annual Meeting. Naples, FLA. April 30- May 3rd, 2015.
Savvy Medicine President authors 'Color Atlas of Vascular Diseases' To see book cover click:
Savvy Medicine President speaks at national society: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? An Overview of Physician Alignment Trend"
Savvy Medicine talks about "The Faculty Leadership Institute: Developing leadership competencies in physicians and researchers." Presented at Group on Faculty Affairs Professional Development Conference, Association of American Medical Colleges, July 20th 2014. Boston MA.
Savvy Medicine speaks: Speaker ‘Social Styles’ at the Post Graduate Course on ‘leadership, styles and versatility’ at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery, June 4th 2014, Boston MA
Savvy Medicine speaks . “My top ten list in healthcare; Medicare” Fisher School of Business Healthcare Industry Cluster, February 11th 2014.
Savvy Medicine speaks: “The future employment picture for General Surgeons” Visiting Professor Medical College of Ohio, Surgical Grand Rounds, Toledo, Ohio. November 27th, 2013.
- Savvy Medicine President co-authors and speaks at regional vascular society: " Employment or private practice; healthcare update"- September 8th 2013
- Savvy Medicine speaks about "Trends in Physician Practices with Health Reform. Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America-OHIO Saturday, April 20th, 2013. Columbus Marriott Northwest Hotel and Conference Center.
Savvy Medicine speaks at The Greater Ohio Healthcare Leaders Forum on "Physician- Hospital Integration in the 21st century: Implications of a workforce shortage. August 24th, 2012 Columbus, Ohio.
- Savvy Medicine President moderates panel on 'Healthcare Reform & your practice' at the Medical Center of Newark, Ohio - June 2010
- Savvy Medicine President co-authors "Physician Hospital Integration" and here. April 2010
- Savvy Medicine President co-authors "Diversity in Vascular Surgery: Adapting to America's New Face " or read entire supplement, which he co-edited.
- Savvy Medicine President co-authors "Revenue Cycle" - November, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President co-authors "Coming shortage of surgeons" - September, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President publishes. "Medicare Primer". "here" - September, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President publishes "'Marketing Strategies". "here" - September, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President co-authoring "The coming shortage of surgeons: Why they are disappearing and what we can do about it" "> here.
- Savvy Medicine President presentation at at the American Surgical Association - April, 2009. "The Estimated Cost of Training the Future Surgical Workforce". "is here" - April, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President hosts and moderates SERMO discussion board 'Avoiding practice mistakes.........' "> here - February, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President in an interview with the Columbus Dispatch on shortage of Surgeons here - January, 2009
- Savvy Medicine President publishes in Physicians Practice in July/August 2008 issue on 'What went wrong.........' here - July, 2008
- Savvy Medicine President publishes paper on Specialty Hospitals in "Surgery" May 2008 issue - May, 2008 - To read paper click: here.
- Savvy Medicine President publishes letter to the editor in Modern Healthcare responding to Ingenix possible price fixing - March, 2008 - To read letter click: here.
- Savvy Medicine President publishes new article in Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery -February, 2008
- Savvy Medicine's President publishes article on "Physician as Hospital Chief Executive Officer" . To read article follow link: Physician as Hospital CEO.
- Savvy Medicine President speaks on "After all tomorrow is another day. An optimistic view for physicians" - January, 2008
- Bhagwan Satiani MD, MBA, FACHE Professor of Clinical Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio invited speaker at Clark County Medical Society, Springfield, Ohio Monday, January 21st, 2008 at 6.30 p.m. Topic: "After all tomorrow is another day. An optimistic view for physicians"
- Savvy Medicine President speaks in Houston on Stark, Anti-kickback & Anti-trust Law - October, 2007
- Bhagwan Satiani MD, MBA Professor of Clinical Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio invited speaker at Indian Doctors Association Saturday, October 20th, 2007 at 6.30 p.m. Topic: Anti-kickback, Anti-trust, Changes in Stark Law
- MGMA publishes Savvy Medicine 3-Volume Set "The Smarter Physician" - October, 2007. The MGMA has publishes Savvy Medicine's three-volume set of books under the title of "The Smarter Physician". Please contact the MGMA to purchase a copy of this for yourself, your residents or physician-family member or click The Smarter Physician. . The books are also available at websites such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The Smarter Physician Series is an exceptional addition to any physician’s library. The three-volume set presents need-to-know information about your practice, legal, reimbursement and personal finance topics in a clear, comprehensive manner, and offers extra value through an array of helpful appendices and additional resources in an accompanying CD. The book is a 3 volume set for physicians. PROMOTION CODE : SAT07RF00 (zeros not o) Follow links for each volume and MGMA website for 20% discount pricing for all 3 volumes
Individual & corporate taxation, Tax status of hospitals, ABC’s of human resources, Understanding and negotiating physician employment contracts, Joining and leaving a practice What is a practice worth?, Successful Physician-hospital relationships, Leadership challenges for physicians, The malpractice process, NP Data Bank & buying malpractice insurance Gain sharing, Ethical guidelines in dealing with pharmaceuticals & vendors, Stark and anti-kickback laws, The Whistle-Blower Act
To purchase this volume follow link: The Smarter Physician Volume 1.
The private health insurance system , How Medicare works , The resource-based relative value system, getting paid, coding, billing, , The revenue cycle Financial statements and financial decisions, Physician compensation , Pay for performance, Cost/volume/profit analysis
To purchase this volume follow link: The Smarter Physician Volume 2.
Financial planning, Investments: Stocks, bonds, diversification, asset allocation, risk, fees , Asset correlation, Retirement planning Life & disability insurance, Estate planning, educational saving accounts, , Managing your life, time and career
To purchase this volume follow link: The Smarter Physician Volume 3.
- Topic: "After all tomorrow is another day. An optimistic view for physicians" Speaker at Grand Rounds, Department of Surgery, Ohio State University - September, 2007
- Savvy Medicine President speaks in Phoenix on Pay for performance - June, 2007
- Bhagwan Satiani MD, MBA Professor of Clinical Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio was the invited speaker at Grand Rounds, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Program - June 2007 - Topic: Pay for performance: what the fuss is all about
- Savvy Medicine President Speaks in Houston - April, 2007
- Savvy Medicine's President spoke on the topics of Pay-For-Performance and Stark Law to the Indian Doctors Association of Houston (TX).